Top Cats is a square dance club that dances the C-2 and C-3A programs of modern square dancing, as defined by CALLERLAB. As part of this, from time to time we offer classes for dancers who are interested in learning these programs.
For dancers interested in learning C-2:
- Based on classes previously taken and current experience dancing C-1 or previous experience dancing C-2, students should be reasonably familiar with basic Challenge dancing skills.
- Students must commit to studying before each class session the calls to be introduced in that session.
- Students should plan to attend class regularly and to attend for the full time of each session.
- Students should be currently dancing C-1 on a regular basis (e.g., at Interlocked), and preferably also be dancing Advanced and/or APD Plus (e.g., at Quads) on a regular basis, and plan to continue such additional dancing throughout the class season.
For dancers interested in learning C-3A:
- All of the above, plus...
- Students should have knowledge of all the calls on the C-2 list.
- Students should have experience dancing (successfully) with phantoms at Plus and/or Advanced.
Most Recent Class
We held a C-2 class that ran from November 2015 through August 2016. You may want to review the syllabus for that class -- future classes are likely to be structured similarly.
If you might be interested in being part of a future class, please let us know by contacting Joe Dehn at email@example.com.